Listen to this podcast episode How Habits Can Make or Break Your Dharma with Brooke Bailey & Annie Barrett
Yoga teaches us how critical our patterns are, not only in shaping our bodies, but also in shaping our destinies. Through the work of habit evolution we can prepare our minds and bodies to do the deeper work of self-understanding. There is a yogic process for personal development, written about in the ancient texts of the Vedas and made actionable for modern life through the process known as The Four Desires, developed by Yogarupa Rod Stryker. In this episode the Yoga Health Coach podcast, Annie Barrett has a conversation with Four Desires Trainer Brooke Bailey about how the habits of dinacharya prepare us to go to new depths of self-understanding and do the work of our unique dharma.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How your daily habits can make or break your dharma
- How the Four Desires process guides you to live from your life’s purpose
- How syncing your habits with nature will make you more aware of your unique purpose
- Four Desires Workshop with Brooke
- The Great Work of Your Life by Stephen Cope
- Check out McIntosh Wellness essential oils suggestion by Lori
- 6:00 – What brings you joy? Sometimes this can be difficult to answer if you don’t feel good due to stress or other health issues. When you feel better after implementing the 10 daily habits, you can start to reflect on what brings you joy, and thus uncover your dharma.
- 7:40 – The Four Desires process invites you to ask deeper questions of yourself. The desires are dharma, artha, kama, moksha.
- 12:15 – People usually come to the Yoga Health Coaching 10 Habits course through artha, the desire related to health. We also tend to look at dharma with another manifestation of artha, our profession, and how we support ourselves economically.
- 15:50 – Often, we might be clear about what we’re doing in the world, but may not have addressed our need for kama, relationships and sensuality. The habits can bring us into deeper relationships with the other categories of desire.
- 21:00 – The Habits support all Four Desires, and direct us back to wholeness. Get clear about what’s important for you to express with a Four Desires workshop.
- 29:00- Our habits can make or break our manifestation of dharma!
- “When we create more energy for ourselves through healthier habits, we can then focus that energy in a way that is in line with our personal dharma.” – Brooke Bailey
- “It is freeing to know that life has our back, and the habits support that understanding.” – Brooke Bailey
- “Wellness encompasses everything, not just the physical and the tangible.” – Brooke Bailey
- “While we are all connected, and we share the same humanity and the same source, we also have a very unique individual spark.” – Brooke Brooke
- “The Four Desires work will strengthen your understanding of how these habits are helping you move forward.” – Annie Barrett
- “Our habits really keep us where we are, or if we shift them, take us to where we want to go.” – Annie Barrett